As a member of BAFTSS you will receive the following benefits:
- Representation to government, funding and research councils.
- Presenting your research at the annual conference.
- Attendance at the AGM; voting rights; the possibility of election to the Executive Committee next year.
- Eligibility to apply for one of the BAFTSS Awards – Best Monograph, Best Practice Research Portfolio, Best Journal Article, Best Postgraduate Student Essay.
- Access to our regional Postgraduate Training Events.
The membership year runs from January to December; the fee for 2018 remains unchanged at £20 (salaried) and £10 (students and unwaged).
Please note that if you joined prior to 2016, but were not a member last year (after we revamped the website and membership system) then you will need to create a new username and password and join as a new member. If you were a member last year, the system will remember your existing username.
If you are already a member but you have forgotten your log-in details, or if you encounter any other problems in taking out membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also operate a jiscmail discussion list, which you can join. Please note that you will not be automatically subscribed to this list when you take out membership; you will need to sign up separately by following this link.
Since BAFTSS membership currently runs on a calendar year (Jan-Dec) and a website redesign is underway to revamp our membership system, we will not be accepting new memberships until the new site launches in December. We will inform everyone via the Jiscmail Discussion list when the new site is live and you should revisit the site then.
Please note that you will still be eligible to submit an application for the conference or the poster competition (in which case you should join once your application has been accepted and the new site is live).
If you have any problems or queries, please contact the membership secretary at: email@example.com