BAFTSS has fourteen Special Interest Groups (SIG) representing specific strands of our disciplines; these are listed below with their Convenors:
- Amateur Cinema (Annamaria Motrescu-Mayes)
- Animation (Malcolm Cook, Eve Benhamou)
- British Cinema & TV (Phillip Drummond)
- Colour & Film (Sarah Street, Liz Watkins)
- Documentary (Brian Winston)
- Essay Film (Romana Turina)
- Euro-Bollywood (Rajinder Dudrah)
- Film & Philosophy (Lucy Bolton)
- French & Francophone Cinema (Phil Powrie)
- German Screen Studies (Helen Hughes, Elizabeth Ward)
- Practice Research (Charlotte Crofts, John Twycross)
- Psychoanalysis & Film (Marlo De Lara, Agnieszka Piotrowska, Ben Tyrer)
- Screen Industries (Jack Newsinger, Steve Presence, Andrew Spicer)
- Transnational Film & TV (Rajinder Dudrah, Deborah Shaw)
The SIGs propose discipline-specific panels to the annual BAFTSS conference, and organise a variety of activities in the sector, such as symposia and conferences, journal special numbers, working groups, etc. Some have links to journals or other organisations. Each SIG has its pages accessible from this menu tab. These will be populated in the next few weeks.
Please note that lists of members applies to 2016 membership.
If you are interested in joining one or more of the SIGs, please ensure that you are a BAFTSS member (see here how to join), and contact the relevant convenor(s).